The eBook platform of choice
Dawson's role as a traditional library supplier continues to evolve, driving innovation to provide libraries, information departments and, most recently, end users with the content they require in ebook and new media formats.
Seamlessly integrating with the existing Dawson services and library workflows indicates the long term commitment and investment made by Dawson Books.
Working with the world's leading publishers, Dawson has ensured that rich and diverse content populates dawsonera for the benefit of library users. Over 500,000 front list titles from more than 500 leading international publishers are now available to purchase or rent in real-time on the platform.
ebooks clearly provide new opportunities for improved learning and Dawson provides the total package, from acquisition to robust hosting; dawsonera provides a flexible lending model that permits multiple concurrent access for users both on-site at the library and remotely.
• 500,000 academic ebooks currently available, increasing daily
• Over 500 leading international publishing partners and imprints
• Integration with dawsonenter, our acquisition database
• Read online or download ebooks with Adobe Reader
• Proposal or order via EDI and electronic order confirmations
• OPAC-ready AACR2, level II MARC records (including 856 tag)
• Integration at title, chapter or page level within the library catalogue, web page, virtual learning environment
• Interoperability with link resolvers, federated search and content discovery tools
• Management reports including COUNTER book reports 1, 2 & 6
• Integration with RefWorks and EndNote citation management tools
• Multiple concurrent access
• Unlimited access
• Remote access 24/7
• 5 minute preview of non-owned content
• Print and copy permissions
• Sophisticated DRM
• IP Authentication
• UK Access Management Federation
• Shibboleth Federations
• EZproxy, WAM
• CGI integration with library management systems
• Library username and password